Tuesday, March 17, 2009

PS3 media sharing problems?

May be...
  • Okay, my playstation was picking up my PC (or windows media player which it utilises). Now It won’t anymore. I get constant error messages like: Media server error a DLNA server protocol (501) etc



    I have everything enabled, I have firewalls allowing everything, everything is shared by default, it’s driving around the bend! I can no longer transfer any media to my playstation3. Also none of my usb sticks work with the thing or even my digital camera card housed in a camera. I have 160GB ps without any media ports on it. Only 2 usb.



    My question is, is there any other way I can transfer media to my ps3 and does anyone know a fix for this problem? Whats gong on?
  • dude i had the same problem for bout 3 or 4 months straight. i have the 60gb ps3 and i used the media sharing probably a good 16 months straight with no problem then outta no where i started getting these error messages over and over i tried restarting everything my ps3 my pc my router my media sharing on windows media nuttin! till one day i tried it again to see if it works for $h!ts and giggles and it did so now it does and doesnt. i would say its reliable but its not at the same time i just use a flash drive from now on its easier and way faster
  • You might try resetting the system to default and starting over, I realise that this is a bind, but it might actually be a firmware problem which has caused some kind of conflict. Either way, it isn't working, so I don't think you have a lot of choice. If you should contact Sony, they will probably tell you to reformat. Best of luck!
  • could be your console itself but... then there are firewalls and you did say you had it enabled. hmmm. restart your modems and or routers too. if this doesnt help i encourage you to do the following.



    if i were in your shoes i would contact a sony either by phone or online by email and report this error.



    hope this helps thanks :Sony Computer Entertainment America

    M-SAT 6:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. PST

    Sunday 7:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m

    800-345-7669 (800-345-SONY)
  • No comments: