Friday, April 3, 2009

Why has "Call of Duty" been dropped from Modern Warfare 2's title?

May be...
  • I have a rough idea, but I'm still unsure..

    I asked my friend and he gave me a weird answer!



    Thanks!
  • Exactly what I was wondering, but I didn't feel like asking it.



    My theories:

    -Shorter, cleaner title

    -More modern, "CoD" sounds WW-ish.

    -Unlike the past CoD games.



    Hmm... just inquiring, what was your friends answer? LOL.
  • . Report Abuse
  • yeah, it's weird there should a reason but i don't think it's a big deal about it .. in the end it's call of duty. at the moment there isn't even a trailer for Modern Warfare 2 .. that one we just saw was called a teaser. maybe , just maybe there will be something interesting when the real trailer comes out.
  • My guess is they're going to keep the Call of Duty name for the World War II shooters, and use the Modern Warfare name for the games set in the current time. They probably just used both names the one time to help with brand recognition.
  • it hasn't its still called call of duty modern warfare 2 they didn't stop the cod part of it it would take away from the franchise name
  • does it really matter though
  • No comments: