Friday, August 14, 2009

How can I repair/replace my Rock Band 2 wireless dongles?

May be...
  • My wireless dongles for the guitar and drums literally fizzled out when i plugged them into my powered usb hub which apparently had the wrong voltage. Is there any way I can replace or repair them? I'm from the Philippines so you can pretty much count amazon, ebay and other sites.



    Thanks.
  • unfortunately you can't replace them

    they seem to be coded individually to prevent interference between multiple guitars and drum controllers so are linked to your instruments



    this gets asked a lot and I've tried to find a solution , no luck yet

    call support at the gamesite , maybe they can get a serial number from the controller and match up a sensor unit

    advice to everyone - ps3 controllers use a different voltage so can only be charged and plugged through your console or official sony wall charger unit - accessories such as headsets and keyboards use standard usb voltage
  • No comments: